Selections from the Psalms: Part One explores the prayer book of the Bible and early church . Explore how the New Testament writers make use of key themes in the psalms . Examine themes of praise, thanksgiving, lament, despair, joy, and promise . Be inspired and encouraged to sing God’s praise for the building up of the church for the benefit of the world . The ‘articles’ in the course include the biblical texts (New Revised Standard Version), for every lecture and 18 corresponding practice exercises . There are no extra academic articles or required readings for this course . The practice exercises and discussion questions that accompany each lecture includes 8-10 questions or prompts that enable students to engage with the material to absorb, reflect, and practice what they are learningAuthentication failed. Unique API key is not valid for this user.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning more about the Psalms as the prayer book of the early church.
- Anyone curious about incorporating the Psalms in prayer and worship.
- Anyone facing uncertain or distressing circumstances and in need of comfort.
- Anyone in distress or seeking the justice of God when things need to be put to rights.
- Anyone seeking to give voice to God in worshipful song or devotion.
- Anyone desiring to celebrate and praise God for his faithfulness and lovingkindness.
- Clergy, Bible study leaders, preachers, or teachers who want to dig deeper into the story of Israel and connections to the New Testament.
|File Name :||Selections from the Psalms: Part One free download|
|Genre / Category:||Personal Development|
|File Size :||2.09 gb|
|Publisher :||N.T. Wright|
|Updated and Published:||05 May,2022|